Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Why did my car loose power after an oil change?

I changed my engine oil and filter on my 95 toyota truck and immediately after it lost power and the auto transmission seems to be having trouble. I drove it for a few miles and it never shut off, but when I push the gas there is sometimes a loss of power.Why did my car loose power after an oil change?
Check to make sure you don't have too much oil in it. An extra quart can cause this and is more harmful to your motor than it being a quart low.Why did my car loose power after an oil change?
Hi,





please make sure that you used the recommeded grade of oil like 20/50w for example and also the correct filter.





Transmission oil also you changed or not??





Regards,


Nataraj


Bahrain
SOUNDS LIKE TO ME YOU HAVE A FUEL PROBLEM AND IT IS BOGGING DOWN ARE GETTEN TO MUCH FUEL ARE NOT ENOUGH FUEL AND IF THE TRANS IS HAVEN PROBLEMS TOO THEN YOU MIGHT WANT TO TAKE IT TO A SHOP AND GET IT LOOKED AT OK AND IT ISNT A VERY EXSPENSIVE PROBLEM BUT YET IT IS A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED RIGHT AWAY SO IT DOESNT GET WORSE OK THANKS AND I HOPE THIS HELPS..........AND IT WOULDNT HURT TO GET A COMPRESSION TEST TO SEE IF THE COMPRESSION RINGS ARE GOOD AND WILL HOLD PRESSURE AND MAKE SHURE YOU ARE NOT USEN ANY OIL IF YOU ARE THEN YOU MIGHT NEED RINGS BUT HAVE THE COMPRESSION TEST DONE FIRST OK THANK YOU.....
check your to make sure you have the right filter, and it could be your gas filter also. coincidently

No comments:

Post a Comment