Friday, December 18, 2009

Can using fuel system cleaner every oil change hurt the car rather then help it?

I have a subaru Impreza 2.5i, and I would normally put some STP fuel system cleaner every time i have an oil change. I read somewhere that fuel system cleaners can hurt the fuel pump and the fuel filter. Is this true? Or am I just keeping things clean without harming anything. ThanksCan using fuel system cleaner every oil change hurt the car rather then help it?
No, the fuel system cleaner would actually be a great thing to do and it might be a good idea to do it more often because it doesn't only help your gas mileage but it also helps the motor make more power and save you more gas.Can using fuel system cleaner every oil change hurt the car rather then help it?
Keep doing it.I have a Cummins diesel in my Dodge and it gets an ounce or two with every fill-up.155,000 miles and still trouble free.
I don't see how it could hurt since that is what it was designed for. I do the same thing but I use seafoam (a product).

No comments:

Post a Comment