Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do I undo the sump nut on my car to change the engine oil?. It is on really tight.?

It was tighened last time by a garage.How do I undo the sump nut on my car to change the engine oil?. It is on really tight.?
make sure your turning it to the left and if you have to, get a breaker bar and socket to get it off and if that doesn't work get a 2 or 3 foot piece of pipe that will fit over your breaker bar to give you extra leverage.How do I undo the sump nut on my car to change the engine oil?. It is on really tight.?
make sure you use the exact size spanner or socket for it so you dont round it off, then tap the spanner with a hammer to get it started.





Obvious thing but be sure youre tapping it anticlockwise as sometimes its deceiving when your lying on your back!
Turn it counterclockwise. Use a breaker and a socket that fits perfectly. Don't round the nut by trying to use vise grips or a pipe wrench. Unless you buy a new sump nut. Then anything can go.
Try harder.
  • comedy show
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment