Friday, December 18, 2009

Is Jiffy Lube a good place to go to get an oil change and simple car maintenance?

Jiffy Lube has a very small selection of easy to perform jobs that they do fairly quickly and sufficiently well. They have good IT that keeps things in order and customer data in line. The prices are a little higher, but I think that is offset by the efficiency. They do a good job with their supply chains and their standard two floor operating center speeds things up substantially by removing the need to lift a vehicle and having multiple people working simultaneously on it.Is Jiffy Lube a good place to go to get an oil change and simple car maintenance?
From my experience JL is kind of expensive compared to other repair/maintenance shops. If your vehicle's manufactor offers comparable prices then it may best go there. Report Abuse
Is Jiffy Lube a good place to go to get an oil change and simple car maintenance?
yes it is a great place, people think that we sell products you do not need, this is incorrect, your coolant, transmission, etc... needs to be serviced on a reg. basis. people say you dont need these services? dont buy a car from them. as to the price. you are paying for full car maintence. not just a lube oil and filter. like it was said before the price is a little higher, but you get a better service.





and on that report in los angeles. that was 9 stores in LA owned by the same $hitty franchise.





I would love to have the local news (salt lake city) do a report here, they would not even have a story. (headline-jiffy lube did the job that they said they would. great job) they wouldnt even run the story.





just my take, my franchise has some of the best customer service standards of any franchise, from some of the comments that i have seen online, i am glad that i work at the franchise that i work for, instead of some of these money hungry jerks.





if you live in SLC or the surrounding area. come and enjoy our service, i know not every store may be perfect. but we do try our hardest.





=)
no, Jiffy Lube technicians have a quote each day. Even if you go in for a simple oil change %26amp; maintenance ..they may find ';more problems'; to fulfill their quota for the day. I'd just go to your local dealership or gas station; you just might be better off.
I'm not sure about Jiffy Lube, never been there.





But if you're in Canada, Mr. Lube is a great place to go. Awesome service and if your only getting a simple oil change, you'll be out in approx. 15 minutes.
No!!! Jiffy Lube are scamers
It's ok for an oil change. Try Oil Can Henry's for your oil changes. They are around the same price and they are excellent and for the most part honest. Jiffy Lube is all about making money, they try to rip alot of people off. They always tell me that I need to have stuff done that I don't really need. My ex is a mechanic and whenever I use to take my car there to change the oil they would tell me I needed a belt or a hose or some crap and I never really needed it. Plus they are ridiculously expensive. I quit going there. You'd be better off taking your car to a little mom and pop garage for simple maintenance.
Just saw a news report on Jiffy Lube where things that were supposed to have been done weren't done. This was in Texas I think. Reporter marked parts that would have had to be touched if the job asked for was done. At several J.L's work was never done but the customer was charged. My advice never have Jiffy do anything but change your oil. They will try to push services on you that may not even be required. Such as belt changes, filter changes etc. Don't listen to them, just get the oil changed. They are not expert mechanics anyway. Even their oil changes are too costly. But you got to get it changed somewhere. When the oil is changed so is the oil filter. I bet some garages are not above just wiping your old filter off with a rag and not changing it at all. Honesty these days is getting harder and harder to find. Always check for oil leakage from drain plug and filter after wards.
There's nothing cheap at jiffy lube.Go anywere else
yes I think so, their cheap and its easier than trying to do all that your self.
Stiffy Lube might help you clean out your pipes.
Jiffy Lube is a decent place to go for your basic car needs, I would say, unless you have a very expensive car. In that case I would recommend having the dealership where you purchased your vehicle do the work. I've gone to Jiffy Lube a number of times. I can't say that I've ever been overly happy or ecstatic with the work they've done (they seem to always 'forget' to vacuum out the inside of the car, even though it says on the receipt that they've done it). But what can you expect, I suppose, for $25. Here is a list of their services:
no i would never take my car there. how hard is it to do your own oil, take out the ONE drain plug, let the oil out, put it back in, fill the car with oil. ur done for $6 instead of 20
It is a good place to get work done, but there may be a local place that has the same service at a cheaper price.

No comments:

Post a Comment