Saturday, December 26, 2009

I brought my car in for an oil change today, and the mechanic told me that the coolant?

is brown..He said that there is green antifreeze and red antifreeze and whoever filled it last might have mixed them...


Is this possible?? Would it be brown? What else could cause this?I brought my car in for an oil change today, and the mechanic told me that the coolant?
Rust in system. Change antifreeze and oil change places. A good shop would identify problem and then correct it with you approval. Red and green do make brown, in Art.I brought my car in for an oil change today, and the mechanic told me that the coolant?
It depends on the car year and model. The older cars use green antifreeze, newer such as GM and Chrysler may use orange coolant. Depending on the make of the vehicle, your car may need red coolant. If it is brown, you may need a coolant system flush. Coolant should be changed every 3-5 years.
It's no big deal. He's trying to get a coolant change out of you and probably $300-400 to do a job you could do for $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment