Friday, December 18, 2009

Can I blame the oil change place for my car overheating?

I took my car to get an oil change 2 days ago, they claim to check all my fluids so I leave it up to them. And today, because they did not put enough oil in the engine, I took it back. So they had 2 inspections, tonight my car overheats because of low coolant/antifreeze. I know ultimately I am responsible for the car, but I pay these guys to do the general oversight as they claim in their ads and service agreements, the document I sign at the end indicates that all fluids were checked. I am looking at very expensive repairs due to the overheating, can I hold them responsible?Can I blame the oil change place for my car overheating?
Probably. I would contact the bureau of automotive repair and give them your account and ask them what you should do. If you paid them to do something that wasn't done they could face some serious fines. Also they will tell you if there's been any other complaints against the mechanics.Can I blame the oil change place for my car overheating?
It is possible that there is a leak somewhere in the cooling system. Find out why it is low. It should not be leaking ever or getting low.
yeah, go back to the place and run up one side of the counter and down the managers ther side
Don't go back to the same shop.go to another and don't mention any thing I don't think your car is broken.ask the new mechanic why is overheating?.might be a loose vac um hose ,a faulty radiator cap. etc.. should be something simple. really not a big deal.


but also simple the shop You went is a filthy one.
Yes if everything was fine before you can. The oil change has nothing to do with overheating. They had drain the Radiator and did not fill it back up. Take back to them and get them to fix it for free.
yes.... if they did not take a 2nd look to make sure the oil plug is not on right, or they did not really change the items you paid for... yes.. take you care to a diffrent car care center, ask them to give your care a onec over...see if they changed you filter and oil (color of oil will tell) and see if the oil can filter on the bottom is real dirty if it is it was never changed... i always mark my air and oil filter with a little ';x'; mark and then check to see if it's still there after ';they claim'; to have changed it
No, there are several issues at play that could have caused your car to ';boil over'; that the oil change place could not have detected. You could have had a stuck thermostat or taken damage to your radiator. These issues couild have shown the car to be a proper levels the day of the change but overheat today.
Can you prove that they didn't fill it?? If it was already low when you took it in for the service, how do you know that it didn't just get low AGAIN after they filled it??





Sounds like your car needs more repairs than are available at the oil change place!!
Sounds like they screwed up. But ultimately theres nothing you can do.


It is just one of those things. They may have know what they were doing and did it on propose. I can't beleive they shorted you 2 quarts of oil and that made your car overheat. Were these illegal aliens working on your car? Maybe you should report them to homeland securtity.


Sound like a much bigger issue going on here.
Based upon the information you stated above, I would have to say they are totally responsible. I would read the fine print very carefully on the document(s) you signed. If they check all fluids than it is their responsibility to either inform you of low coolant, or to correct the issue and charge you for it. Either way, it seems they neglected to maintain the level of service they are bound to provide, based upon the documents signed. Talking to a lawyer is probably the best way to go. Hope this helps.
Yes you can, but they will give you 1000 excuses and reasons as to why they are not responsible. If your car has a noticeable leak in the coolant system, then the fight is over, they win. But if your car does not have a leak and the coolant level was down because of normal wear and tear, and they claim what you stated, then they are liable for the damage. It all depends on what type of person the manager is and the reputation of the company. A large company will work with you more than the little shop down the block. Also, it depends on your stick ability to have them pay and what you can prove to them to show that they neglected their responsibilities.Be very nice at first, but let them know nicely that you expect them to pay for the damage.....KECK
Good luck, as you will need it. Don't expect much help here, even if you get a lawyer.
  • microsoft web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment