Friday, December 18, 2009

Why does my car leak oil just after i got an oil change?

I got an oil change about 2 weeks ago, I then noticed that my car was slightly smoking somewhere under the engine I thouht maybe it had been where they had spilled some oil on the motor maybe, but they days progressed on and the smoking didnt stop so i thought i would look into it a little furturer, today i noticed there was a couple drops of what looked like few drops of fresh oil under where I park in my drive way, and surrounding it looks like what might be dried drops of oil, is it possible that the mechanics didnt put the seals or pluggs back on the car correctly becuase i have never had any problems with the smoking or the leaking before until i got my oil changed or could it be my engine just has bad seals or what could it beWhy does my car leak oil just after i got an oil change?
If the problem occurred after the oil change then look at the oil drain bolt or the oil filter. If oil is coming form either of the two they just might be loose. If it's coming from the bolt you may need a new oil drain bolt washer, unless the shop cross threaded it. In that case you will need repairs. Keep an eye on your oil level what ever the problem. On older vehicles they tend to leak for the oil pan gaskets. Make sure it's engine oil and not some other fluid. If you trust the shop that did the oil change ask them to take a look at it or find a recommended shop form friends or family and have them due and oil leak diagnosis. It shouldn't cost much for the inspection. If repairs need to be done some shops will apply the price of the inspection towards the cost of repairs.Why does my car leak oil just after i got an oil change?
Filter could be loose, drain plug loose or stripped out, or bad valve cover gaskets or a puddle of oil on the intake that runs down the back of he engine when you accelerate
oil filter my be leaking too much oil in motor never trust some one else go back and check
Check your oil level first, top up if low and then take right back. They may have put the wrong filter or didn't tighten it enough. They may have even left out the rubber seal on filter or the washer on the drain bolt.
Take it back to where you got the oil change.
either they didnt get the drain plug or the filter tight. take it back and tell them whats going on and you want them to fix it, for free cause it was their mistake.
Check you oil level. If it does not drop, they may have gotten oil in the crossmember and it is dripping on the exhaust (a messy oil change). I know on some of my cars I have changed oil on, the filter sits horizontal and oil gets on top of the crossmember when you remove the filter.
Take it back to where you had your oil changed. Either the filter is not properly installed or your drain plug is slightly loose. Those would be the most likely problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment