Thursday, January 7, 2010

What should I do with the used oil when I change the oil in my car?

Recently changed the oil in my car myself. Now what do I do with the oil I drained out?What should I do with the used oil when I change the oil in my car?
Most places like Advance Auto Parts will take used engine oil to recycle or use in a waste oil heater. Call around to a couple places and you should be able to find a few takers.What should I do with the used oil when I change the oil in my car?
Dump it on the curb.





Just kidding...any repair facility that deals in oil has to, by law, accept waste oil without a service fee. Take it to your local JiffyLube, QuikLube, etc.
take it to an auto parts store they will take it for free
Most parts stores and garages will accept your used oil if it does not have trash in it....make a couple of calls....
drop it off at an oil change shop to have it


recycled
bring it by our shop ,,, we have a waset oil furnace ! ! !
Take it to autozone or to a chemical waste recycle place.
Take it to a chemical recycling company but make sure you do not dispose of it around your environment to avoid land pollution
check with your local oil change companies and or land fill locations and they will tell you the enviromentally safe places to recycle it.
place it into a oil can to lube up other things

No comments:

Post a Comment