Thursday, January 7, 2010

How often should i change my car's transmision oil ???

I own an isuzu rodeo automatic trans ... use it only 5000 miles a year ... service garages recomend to change every six months ( they will make more money if we change every month) ... but if a car is not used very often i think we should base on miles ...How often should i change my car's transmision oil ???
My own car's Maintenance Schedule says every 30,000 miles for Transmission Flushes. I'm about ready to have my 2nd flush. Since you use your car so little (relatively speaking it would take you 6 years 6 x 5000 = 30,000)


I found a source that says every 2 years/ 24,000 miles.


In your case, I would go with that estimate.


Unless you feel your transmission fluid has been contaminated in some way, or has worn out turning brownish color it should still be ok for even that long. (2 years)


In any event, I feel that every 6 months is far too often.


(except to the service garage that'll be taking your money, lol)How often should i change my car's transmision oil ???
Follow the manufactures schedule. Don't listen to any garage that tells you different. Changing to frequently will cause more damage in the long run
Depends for me. Automatics I follow the schedule in the owner's manual. Manuals I don't unless the trans is out for a clutch job or something.





Front (if there is one) and rear differential service I follow the schedule also.
if it was me every 75,000 miles
some isuzus recommended to drain and fill with new fluid at one interval and a service with filter change at another. go by manufacturer recommendations. every six months is too often unless you drive like 100,000 miles a year.
Every 6 months? that's too much, the service garage is just trying to make more money from you.


with an auto tranny, you need to replace the fluid and the filter according to your manual. but on average, you only change it every 50,000 miles or 5 yrs. but it really depends on how hard you drive it. even though you rarely use it.
I'd say 8k miles or 8 months.
first of all are you talking about a trans flush and refill if you are it's probably only nessassry once a year at most if even that no more often than you drive it i think the shop is just trying to make money off you, because it cost alot of money to have that done
based on miles the tranny oil should be changed every 60,000 miles to prevent a mechanical break down.
Some but not all recommend changing the fluid every 25-30k miles. Some even go higher at 45-50k miles. You do not need to change it every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment