Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do I change my oil on my car?

I want to change my own oil to impress my boyfriend i already have the tires off what is my next step?How do I change my oil on my car?
Now take it to a professional ! Save money on oil change by downloading free oil change coupons from http://www.prundo.com your boyfriend will be more impressed if he saves money!How do I change my oil on my car?
step one is to put the tires back on......you dont need to take them off to change the oil.





step 2 is it jack up the car high enough to take the oil drain plug out, make sure you use jackstands and not just a jack





step 3 put an oil catcher under the car (what it will drain into)





step 4 take out plug





step 5 remove oil filter.





step 6 new filter on





step 7 put plug back into oil pan..........VERY IMPORTANT





step 8 add new oil





step 9 put on filler cap and close hood all the way
get oil pan, put under drain bolt on oil pan


using a wrench or socket and rechet, loosen and remove to oil pan drain bolt(righty tighty--lefty loosy)


and let the oil drain into the pan.


while thats draining remove oil filter, wipe mounting surface clean, take new oil filter and put a little oil on the rubber seal(use some of the new oil) then screw it on until it snugs up, then turn another 1/4 turn or so.


then go back and put drain plug back in and tighten.


fill with new oil and crank up and check for leaks and your good to go.-





by the way, you don't have to take the tires off to change the oil--good job though!!!
you did,nt need to take the tires off for that ! just throw a jack under the car and jack it up some, get a drain pan, take the drain plug out, let it drain into the pan, get some old rags. after it quits running then put the plug back in and tighten it. get a oil filter wrench and take the oil filter off, put some oil on the filter gasket and install it, tighten it only with your hands, let the car back down, fill it up with about 4 quarts of oil, start it, check for leaks then finish filling it. who told you to take the tires off ?
About 35 years ago, my girlfriend got the same notion. After about 10 quarts of oil she decided to call and ask how much more the little 4 cylinder needed, because it wasn't full yet. She stopped listening after I said, ';Don't start the car, I'm coming over';, but I got there too late and ..... she's my ex girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment