Thursday, January 7, 2010

Car inspection/ oil change?

I'm doing a budget project for my Economics class, and we have to have a car inspection and oil change somewhere throughout the year. All the places I could call to find out prices are closed today, and I can't find any site with the information so could someone please help. I need to find how much it would cost in the state of Pennsylvania to get my car inspected and an oil change. Please include your source so that I can show where I got the information from, and thanks!Car inspection/ oil change?
PA Inspection (with NO additional work) - PASS/FAIL - appx 20-25$





PA Emissions - PASS/FAIL - appx 35-45$





Oil change - Can go almost anywhere (JiffyLube, Grease Monkey, etc.) for around 20-25$Car inspection/ oil change?
courtney..your being lazy..go to pen state dmv website.as far oil changes go..quik lubes charge around 30 per change..inspection about the same..
http://www.switchboard.com/Auto_Inspecti鈥?/a>
sorry i dont know
In PA, lots of mechanics'prices vary. it depends where you go. I've heard of prices ranging from $52 to $65. That's with emissions testing included. An oil change at Jiffy Lube (don't go there) is @ $33. Why didn't you do this sooner?
Not sure about PA but in NY an oil change at our Delta Sonic Lube is around $24.99.. If you go to Walmart its alot cheaper $15 for basic and Valvoline is alot more expensive.I think I paid about $43 once there.... As far as an inspection I paid $16 for my last one in March.. So bring at least $60 with you to make sure you are covered. And be prepared to be told you need something new (ie..pcv valve, tire, etc). Hope this helps and maybe someone from PA will answer!
try a car dealer ship they change oil and inspection your car every time you want the oil changed it's about 25.00 every time you come





good luck
I think you're only 50% on with your question.


It's the unexpected costs incurred as a result of the inspection, that will impact your budget, and grade.





So triple the costs of the inspection as an average net cost.


Add a note to your budget. Can't hurt to be thorough.
inspection for my truck cost 16.95 and and oil change at a garage would be about 25 or save money by doing it at home for about 15 i live in brookville pa

3 comments:

  1. I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about.. brandon auto repair

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is really helpful to deliver updated educational affairs over internet which is really appraisable. I found one successful example of this truth through this blog. I am going to use such information now.
    pre purchase car inspection sydney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometime it becomes very hard to find a well written and well established bog which give you correct and useful information. However, I found this blog and got some relevant information which are really helpful for me.pre purchase car inspection sydney

    ReplyDelete