Thursday, January 7, 2010

How often must I change the oil in my car?

I really don't drive it a lot and I don't put 3000 miles on in 3 months. Actually I put 3000 miles in 6 months. I check the oil level and it looks good to me.How often must I change the oil in my car?
It's in your car manuel. Most cars are 4500 to 5000 miles.





Don't buy into the whole have to have it done at 3000K Jiffy Lube came up with that to sell oil to mis informed drives and has got to be the best money making scam of a lifetime.How often must I change the oil in my car?
every 3000 miles. even if that means every 6 months for you.
conventional oil - 5k full synthetic - 10.5k (this is my style, I change the filter every 3500)
3000 miles or 6 months.


The calendar time is just as important as the miles because the oil will get water in it from sitting.


If you drove 5000 miles in a month that would be okay too.
Years ago they were saying like your owners manual 3,000. But it depends on alot of factors. Do you put alot of miles on your car in a short span or not, now they have these high miliage/synthic oil and etc now they say 4,000 plus. I have always done it around 3,000 and will continue to do it to my cars.
you should get an oil change every 3,000-5,000 miles. if you don't, you're hurting the life of your engine
Well it depends on the oil you use. If you use regular (non synthetic) every 3 months is good, even though you don't put 3000 miles. If you use a synthetic in my opinion every 6 months is good. There are so many different types of oils these days it's hard to choose just one. What I do is use the I feel most comfortable. I don't like to advertise but I use Royal Purple and change it every 6 months or so, I also don't drive 3000 miles in 3 months.
Change it every 3000 miles.
crap, you're supposed to change that stuff?
It is usually 3000 miles or 6 months, depending on whichever comes first but usually to me I do it according to the mileage. And even though your level looks fine, its better to have clean oil in there.
Consult your model user's manual, the oil-maker catalogue


If you don't have any of above mentioned docs, it's recommended oil be changed every 6'000 miles or twice a year. But I think you better consult your nearest dealer for advice.





Good speed !
Do it according to the manufacturers recommendations and don麓t forget to change the oil filter also.
New cars these days say 5000 miles. Older cars ever 2 or 3 thousand.

No comments:

Post a Comment