Thursday, January 7, 2010

My car inspection expired, but i want an oil change before winter. will the service station let me?

i dont want to take it to a mechanic and they say i can't leave without getting my car inspected. my PA inspection expired in. May but i dont drive the car. it just sits in my driveway.My car inspection expired, but i want an oil change before winter. will the service station let me?
A mechanic is not the police and so will not enforce that you get your inspection but you should get an extension legally to drive it to the mechanic and if you are going to drive it around at all, just get the inspection performed. If it is seriously not going to be driven at all (in which case why do you need an oil change?) then you should get a Certificate of Non-Operation/Planned Non-Operation Certification that will mean that you don't have to have it inspected or registered.





Keep in mind that if you get that certificate that you cannot drive the car on the road legally (you won't be insured, for one) and that if you don't get the certificate and drive it you will not be doing so legally and because it isn't registered, will also not be driving legally.





Best of luck!My car inspection expired, but i want an oil change before winter. will the service station let me?
Well I don't know how they do it there but here in Milwaukee, WI they don't care if your car has been inspected or not. They will do the repair if you have the money. I'm sure if you just go to an oil change place they will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment