Thursday, January 7, 2010

I took the oil filter off my car to change the oil?

i took the oil filter off my car to change the oil i did the whole oil change then i noticed that i put a half a quart to much in so i took the oil filtler off to get some out and i put the filter back on. now my car won't start what could be wrong?(this is a 1993 ford tempo)I took the oil filter off my car to change the oil?
This may be something else. I've never heard of the oil causing that to happen unless you burn up the engine by not having any. I think you should check the battery connection because it may have gotten knocked when you changed the filter. If there is any corrosion, there will be greenish white powder in your wire connections and if you scrape it with something to clean it a little then reapply them to the battery, that might fix it. If it isn't doing anything, switch the car into neutral and try starting the engine.I took the oil filter off my car to change the oil?
The work that you have done would have no direct effect on the vehicle starting or not.


Recheck all of the wiring and connectors that you worked near or possibly moved for access.
check to make sure you didn't knock something loose.or check to make sure there is enough oil,some cars have a safety switch to prevent low oil start up.

No comments:

Post a Comment